With all the recent changes, we now have confirmation of the following, this has been taken from the ATO Website.
“JobKeeper Payment changes
The government has introduced changes to the JobKeeper Payment, making it easier for you and your business clients to qualify. The new rules have now been registered and are effective from 3 August 2020.
The changes to these rules include:
- employees’ eligibility for the JobKeeper Payment can now be assessed from 1 July 2020, rather than 1 March 2020
- employees can now be nominated by new employers if their employment has changed since the JobKeeper Payment began. However, they can still only be nominated by one employer at any given time
- employers have until 31 August 2020 to meet the wage condition for new eligible employees under the 1 July eligibility test for:
- Fortnight 10 – commencing on 3 August, and
- Fortnight 11 – commencing 17 August 2020.
Businesses can claim reimbursement for their new eligible employees between 1 and 14 September 2020, when they lodge their August monthly declaration.
Your eligible business and not-for-profit clients can still enrol at any time until the program closes”
So, what does this all mean?
In simple terms:
Originally you had to be a permanent employee or a long-term casual from the 1st March 2020, but the Government has changed it if you have been a permanent employee or long-term casual from 1st July 2020.
A couple of examples to give you that makes it simpler to understand.
- As long as the business you work did have a downturn in their business and was getting Job keeper since the start of the Health Crisis, if the business puts on an Employee in April 2020 for example, they can also apply and get Job keeper for that employee.
- If you have a long-term casual who celebrated 12 months or more working in your business in April 2020, you can now get Job Keeper for them.
If you are still confused and not sure about all these changes, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime on 0429 363 047.
Maree Punzet | Maree’s Mobile Bookkeeping | 0429 363 047
You didn’t go into business to do your Payroll and Bookkeeping, BUT WE DID
We are a full service, insourced Payroll and Bookkeeping business that puts money back in your pocket. Our team works like a full-time employee and part of your business when it comes to processing your Payroll and bookkeeping, but without the cost or other concerns full time employees bring. When compared to a full-time employee, we give you all the benefits and more but save you around $60,000 a year in costs, makes good financial sense!!